We, the undersigned, along with our freedom-loving compatriots, by considering the present sensitive circumstances and the ever-increasing threats to the peace, security and prosperity of the Iranian people as well as to the territorial integrity of our country, invite all parties who emphasize a non-violent solution based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights to unite in the path of creating a national and democratic organization in the democratic transition from the Islamic Republic regime towards the establishment of sovereignty of the Iranian people.
The religious dictatorship of the Islamic Republic and its constitution are nothing other than an instrument of power centralized in the hands of a single person called the “Supreme Leader”, who denies the Iranian people the right to decide about its own destiny. Furthermore, the lack of freedom of expression and fundamental liberties for political parties and non-governmental people-supported organizations and institutions, suppression of any kind of demonstrations, strikes, and the ban of independent medias have made it impossible to hold free and fair elections.
Therefore the idea according to which through theatrical elections and only gradually this regime can be reformed is merely an illusion. After three decades of arrests, imprisonments, tortures, and murdering of civic, labor, political and conscience activists and the rampant corruption of the rulers as well as the intensification of the repression of our compatriots in particular after the events of June 2009, the legitimacy of the whole regime has been challenged by various sections of the society to an increasing extent.
The establishment and the creation of the National Council of Iran provides a bedrock for all civic and political organizations, despite their different orientations and ideologies, through cooperation and deterrence from violence and revenge, to unite and act in support of the struggles and demands of the Iranian people and in the path of establishing democracy and Human Rights in Iran.
The goal of creating the National Council will be to achieve the requirements necessary for implementing free and fair elections according to the Article 21 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Declaration No. 154 of the Interparliamentary Union’s Assembly along with the monitoring of neutral world organization such as the United Nations in order to elect the representatives of people in the Constituent Assembly for the drafting of the new Iranian Constitution and to conduct a referendum to decide about the final form of the political system as well as to pass the new Constitution by the people of Iran.
منشور پیشنهادی شورای ملی ایران – نسخه کامل
On Our Pact with Our Compatriots and Our Beliefs
We, the undersigned of the present Charter, along with civic and political organizations inside Iran, with a commitment to the following, offer our hands to each other in order to establish this national and democratic institution and to make possible the sovereignty of people through ballot boxes.
1. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (dated on December 10th 1948);
2. The protection of the territorial integrity of Iran and national solidarity of Iranians;
3. The country of Iran is composed of various ethnic groups that form the unique Iranian nation. We believe in the total equality of Iranian citizens regardless to their ethnicity, race, color, religion, culture and traditions, and political beliefs;
4. The objection to any foreign military attack against Iran;
5. A National reconciliation meaning rejection of violence, revenge, and emphasis on implementation of justice through legal means and by respecting Human Rights;
6. The separation of religion from the State guaranteeing the freedom of all religions and beliefs;
7. The abolition of death penalty and any kind of torture;
8. The freedom to form political parties, independent professional labor and industrial unions, the freedom of expression and thought, the freedom of publications and press throughout Iran and also official recognition of independent labor syndicates and the right of workers and employees to strike;
9. Equal rights for men and women in all domains of life such as political, social, economical, and cultural;
10. The implementation of the rights and interests of children according to the International Convention of Children’s Rights (dated on November 20th 1989);
11. The acceptance of the principles of a non-centralized government based on distribution of power among the different parts of the country, with providing the necessary requirements for the direct participation of Iranian people from all over Iran through establishment of local democratic organizations, with the purpose of managing local political (electing local officials), economical, social and cultural affairs by themselves. The main responsibilities of the central government will include the following:
– The macro economical policy making for the country such as distribution of the national income, management of subterranean resources and the printing of monetary units ;
– The national defense policy (protection of borders and territorial integrity by military forces) ;
– The foreign policy ant the signing of the international conventions, treaties and contracts implementable in the national legislative branch ; and
– The minimum standards of health and education on a national level.
12. The total separation and independence of all three branches of State power: the legislative, the executive and the judiciary.
13. Providing a secure and free infrastructure for a healthy economy with the aim of increasing the scientific and technological capabilities of the country and the improvement of the economical status of Iran based on fair distribution of wealth for the purpose of establishing social justice and increasing public welfare and applying the economical experiences of Iran and other countries in the world in serving sustained development.
14. The protection of the cultural and historical heritage of Iran and its biodiversity.
15. The creation of a healthy educational atmosphere with avoidance of ideological discrimination and establishment of educational equality, and providing research and welfare facilities equally for all school and university students around the country.
16. Pursuing a non-confrontational foreign policy in view of national interests and commitment to maintenance of peace and security in the region and all over the world and joining the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
It should be stated that the legality of the above principles and beliefs is among the responsibilities of the Constituent Assembly elected by the people. We ask the civic and political activists believing in this Charter to exercise all within their power to create the National Council of Iran.
Sign here: https://www.farakhanmeli.org/declaration